- Information on 840 jobs (over 2500 career titles).
- Revised and updated throughout the year.
- Accessible easy-to-read essential job information.
- Further in-depth information about each job.
- Pay graphs for each job, showing how pay changes with experience.
- Qualification requirements and training pathways information for each job, organised to make it easy to find what you need at 14+, 16+ and 18+.
- Work experience information for each job.
- Labour market information for each job.
- Over 340 high quality video case studies - see people doing their jobs, not just talking about them.
- Over 3500 pictures of real people doing real jobs.
- Factsheets explaining various job explorer topics.
- Quizzes to suggest where to start looking.
- Top-tens and on-this-day – fun new ways into jobs.
- My Jed Record. All-in-one page showing students' complete quiz answers, notes, and job suggestions. Save your quiz and notes to resume from later. Print out and keep as a record of your work.
- Jed profiles. Create customised versions of Jed to use with different user groups.
- All-in-one print page. Get all the information you want about a job in a single printout.
- Glossary. Pop-up definitions for key words in the text.
- Treasure Hunts. Engage your users with collaborative games.
- Add your own web links. Include links to your Local Area Prospectus, Careers Service, or other links you choose.
- Help videos. Short movies that show how to use Jed.
- Text to speech. Feature reads the on-screen text out loud.
- Use at home. Home access for students on your subscription.
- First Jed. A Jed subscription includes First Jed, geared towards primary students.
- Complies with W3C accessibility guidelines.
New for 2023-24
- All factsheets have been reviewed and updated where necessary.
- Over 40 jobs have been reviewed and updated.
- New qualifications and training routes have been reviewed and included where relevant.
- Helps schools meet their duty to provide students with independent careers guidance from Year 8 to Year 13.
- Supports you in achieving the Gatsby benchmarks.
- Helps raise aspirations by showing how current studies link to future careers.
- Encourages students to start thinking about the choices they will make when they leave school.
- Presents comprehensive information about 840 jobs in a way that is accessible to a wide variety of users of all ages, including some special needs (First Jed).
- Makes careers education engaging and interesting!